Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: Cooling + 20 minutes • Serves: 12
1-1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) unsweetened raspberries
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, and soda in small bowl. Beat egg in large bowl with fork.
- Stir in brown sugar, Old Home Yogurt, and oil; blend well.
- Add flour mixture; gently fold together just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently stir in raspberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and browned around edges.
These muffins freeze well, so you can keep them on hand for quick breakfasts or snacks—just wrap straight from the freezer in waxed paper and microwave for about 45 seconds or until warm.
To make larger muffins, fill only 10 muffin cups.