Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 30 minutes • Serves: 8
2 1/2 to 3 lb butternut squash, cut into 2” pieces
2 medium sweet onions, cut into thin wedges
4 slices bacon, cut into 1” pieces
1/3 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 lb pkg. large shell dried pasta
1 cup Old Home Cottage Cheese
1 cup fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup Old Home Dry Curd Cottage Cheese
1 cup walnuts
Parsley to garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash, onions, bacon, sage and garlic in a 13”x9” baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil;
- Bake squash for 25 to 30 minutes or until roasted. Remove skin from squash.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Rinse and drain pasta.
- In large bowl, stir together remaining ingredients except walnuts; toss in pasta and roasted squash.
- Place in 13”x9” baking dish; sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pasta is lightly browned and walnuts are toasted.