3 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 cup Old Home Cottage Cheese
1/2 onion, diced
8 oz bacon, chopped
1/3 c chopped flat leaf parsley
1/8 cup minced chives
1 small bunch green onions, green parts only chopped
Salt and pepper
Other Ideas: add sautéed onions & minced garlic in butter before adding to dish, 2-3T freshly
minced herbs: Parsley, Rosemary, thyme and Chive (to make it Thanksgiving) and add grated
sharp cheddar cheese some in dish and some on top, broil at very end for golden brown
top. Garnish with fresh scallions and/or crumbled bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put potatoes and garlic in a pot with water to cover. Boil the potatoes until tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browns and crisp on the edges.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onions to the same pan and sauté until slightly
browned on edges. Set aside.
4. When potatoes are tender, drain and mash them with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
5. Add the cottage cheese, onion, bacon and salt and pepper to taste. Add the chives and
parsley. Stir the mixture gently, and then put in a greased casserole. Dot with the remaining 2
tablespoons of butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle green onions all over the top and serve.
Adapted from Paula Deen’s Cottage Potatoes