Prep Time: 5 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes • Serves: 8
8 cups chicken broth
6 sprigs fresh thyme
4 stems & leaves fresh sage
2 bay leaves
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 medium sweet onions, coarsely chopped
2 leeks, coarsely chopped
2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 cups Arborio rice for risotto
1 cup Old Home Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In 3 qt. saucepan, bring chicken broth, thyme sprigs, sage stems and leaves and bay leaves to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer while completing steps 2 & 3.
- 2. In Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat; add onions, leeks, mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms are browned.
- Stir in rice; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup simmering broth; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed. Continue to add broth 1/2 cup at a time; stirring occasionally, until broth is absorbed and rice is tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in Old Home Cottage Cheese, Parmigiano cheese and parsley.