2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
5 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups organic granulated sugar3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
8-9 mini peanut butter cups
1/2 cup Old Home 100% All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, (melted in microwave for 30 seconds.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 2 quart oval baking dish.
- With an electric beat eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until very thick and pale yellow, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla, cocoa powder, and flour.
- Mix until just combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in butter and mix until combined.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Add peanut butter cups, then top with remaining batter.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter. Swirl with a knife or a toothpick.
- Place baking dish in a larger baking pan.
- Add hot tap water to the pan to come halfway up the side of the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Although very hard, allow to cool slightly before digging in, serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream!