Prep Time: 10 minutes • Cook Time: 12 minutes • Serves: 8
For the Dill Old Home Plain Greek Yogurt Sauce:
1 garlic clove, minced; 1 cup chopped fresh dill, stems removed; 1 1/4 cup Old Home Plain Greek Yogurt; 1 tbsp olive oil; Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime; Pinch cayenne pepper, optional; Salt, if needed
For the Grilled Chicken:
10 garlic cloves, minced; 1/2 tsp paprika; 1/2 tsp allspice; 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg; 1/4 tsp ground green cardamom; Salt and pepper; 5 tbsp olive oil, divided; 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs; 1 medium size red onion, sliced; Juice of 1-2 lemons
- First make the dill Old Home Plain Greek Yogurt. Combine the minced garlic, fresh dill, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Run the food processor until all the ingredients are well blended and a smooth thick sauce or dip develops. Test and add salt if needed. Transfer to a small bowl or container, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, spices and 3 tbsp olive oil. Pat the chicken thighs dry and rub each with the garlic-spice mixture.
- Place the spiced chicken thighs in a large tray on a bed of sliced red onions with lemon juice and the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, heat a gas grill to medium-high. Place the chicken thighs on the grill. Cover for 5-6 minutes, then turn the chicken over and grill for another 5-6 minutes covered.
- Serve with a side of the dill Old Home Plain Greek Yogurt dip you prepared earlier!
To complete this light meal, add Greek potatoes or pita bread and a salad like Fattoush Salad .