1 package Old Home Foods Premium Mashed Potatoes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup green onions, or chives, chopped
1 cup panko crumbs (seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper)
6 oz. block cheddar cheese, cut in 1-in cubes
Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large bowl combined potatoes, flour, mozzarella cheese, and green onions.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- With a large ice cream scoop, take a scoop of the potato mixture and push in a cube of cheddar cheese, cover the cheese with the mashed potatoes.
- Roll around in panko crumbs.
- Drop in vegetable oil set at 350 degrees F. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
*Tip: Make sure oil is not too hot, otherwise the outside will brown fast and the cheese will not melt inside. If this happens, place in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes and the cheese will melt!