Prep Time: 25 minutes • Cook Time: 30 minutes •
Credit: April Vogel
7 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2.5 cups milk
1/2 cup Old Home Sour Cream
4.5 tsp yeast
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tsp salt
3 cans poppyseed filling
- Warm up milk and Old Home Sour Cream, pour over sugar..let dissolve.
- Add yeast, let dissolve and cool off mix, then add 3 cups flour, let rise for an hour.
- Using the dough hook on mixer add remaining flour, melted butter, eggs, salt alternately these ingredient
- Kneed for 10 minutes either with mixer or by hand.
- Put into large greased bowl and let rise for a couple hours (covered).
- Punch down dough divide into 5-6 sections. Roll each out, spread on poppy seed filling, roll them up…let them rise on slightly greased cookie sheets, covered so as not to dry out, let rise for about an hour.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.