• Cook Time: 25 minutes • Serves: 2
Credit: Laura Doerr
- 1 pkg Old Home Foods Five Cheese Penne Pasta
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage mild or spicy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 mini tri-colored bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- water or milk for thinning sauce
Brown the sausage in a large skillet over med-high heat until cooked through. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
Heat the pasta according to the package instructions using the stove top method. Be careful not to burn to avoid sticking.
While the sausage is browning, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small/medium skillet, and add thinly sliced bell peppers. Cook over medium heat until peppers start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, reduce heat to low. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Combine the sausage, pasta, bell peppers and garlic, and half of the grated Parmesan cheese. If it seems too thick you can add a little milk or water, it will thicken the longer it sits. Serve in bowls, and garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.